My Essentials for Effective Exam Revision | School

April 10, 2017

I am sorry that I have not been posting for a while, I have been doing a lot of revising for my upcoming exams, which inspired today's post, in which I will be sharing with you all my Essentials for effective exam revision!



1. Revision Guides

Every exam board has revision guides, and they are amazing and tell you exactly what you need to know for your exams. If you haven't looked for a revision guide, I really do suggest you go and find one. The CGP revision guides are super helpful and I have a lot of them, but I would suggest going on Amazon and looking at reviews before purchasing.
Also depending on the class subject, revision guides can be kind of expensive, so I would also recommend buying used or pre-owned revision guides wherever possible to save money and the environment!

2. Coloured Pens

I love making my work colourful and I think that it is super important to do so, as colour is scientifically proven to help retain knowledge when revising. I bought these pens from Home Bargains for 99p, for a set of twelve! I personally think thats a brilliant deal, but if you don't have a Home Bargains near you, I'd say try your local Wilko, TheWorks or Poundland for inexpensive pens :D


3. Flashcards or Flashcard Apps

I have only recently started using flashcards but previously I used Quizlet exclusively for memorising notes and making flashcards. I still have the app on my IPhone and I have some topics and key quotes that I have to learn, which I just practise and revise on my way to different places and when I have free time. I find that this is an effective way to learn on the go without having little flashcards which could get lost.

4. Exam Timetable Maker


I love sharing this website with people because so many people don't know about it, but I have my own exam timetable that I made with the website getrevising. I absolutely love it and is so quick and easy to use. It co-ordinates study hours based on what subjects that you do and when your exam is. I'd definitely recommend it!

I hope that everyone studying finds this post useful! Please let me know if you do and I will be sure to do more of them in the future!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Colored pens are so helpful AND fun! All perfect ideas to make revisions easier!

    Mary Lane @NewYorkCliche
    http://newyorkcliche.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram